Monday, April 28, 2014

Standard publishes my response to anti-Israel letter

My letter in Evening Standard, 28 April 2014
Following a very interesting and lengthy email exchange with the Letters Editor (which, at some point, I will write about) the Evening Standard has today published an edited version of my response to the ludicrous anti-Israel letter they published last week.

One point I wanted to make that was left out was that, whereas Eade's letter said
Blair "..stood by and watched Israel expand its borders by force"
it would actually have been correct if she had said that
Blair "...stood by and watched Israel SHRINK its borders by force".
since the only example of force being used with respect to changes to Israel's borders was the force used to REMOVE the Jewish residents of Gaza (and several other communities in the West Bank).

No comments: